January 21, 2009

A Change in Leadership

So This week at work has been rather light, Sorta, since we don't have schools we have been doing work projects and going over trails we don't teach often enough.
Yesterday we were hoping to get off early enough to watch President Obama's swearing in and speech.
Well we didn't. Well we got off early but not early enough, we caught the tell end of the proceedings.
My co-workers were a little more bummed than I was, I just wanted to be a part of history, since I hadn't voted for him I still was a little bummed.
But latter that day I caught a snippit of his speech. And it made me think....
Even if I don't agree with his parties view of the issues, it doesn't mean I need to dislike him completely.
I think he can do an amazing job if he will rely on a greater power than his party and cabinet to make his decisions.
Just like we are counselled to pray and ask God if what we want to do is right for us, I hope he realizes since he is in charge of a whole country he should do the same.
Well I am praying for his guidance, and I have to say the part I heard of the speech I love...
"we need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin to....."
This is where My memory stops but I felt like YEAH!!!!
anyways that's how I feel, You should stand behind your leaders, no matter what party they are from and pray for them. Like the article of faith says.

2 comments:

sara said...

Good thought. I was really inspired by his speech and hope that people can be a little optimistic about this term.

Carolyn and Mark said...

I feel the EXACT same way as you do. At first I was upset he won but I really don't think it will be such a bad thing. He has a lot of good things he would like to do for us. But it is so true, we counseled to support all of our leaders. Thanks for your thoughts.