September 13, 2009

STK Conferance

Today was Stk Conferance. I was actually was going to leave Saturday, Just so I would have time to adjust to being in Cali... But I deceided to stay once I heard it was Stk Conference.
If you have ever been a member of the North Las Vegas Stake You won't really understand...
But I grew up in this stake and It has only been a recent event that I love Stake Conf.
SO This weekend has been exactly what I needed.
We had Stake Temple Day on Friday. Did a session... Gained a sense of peace.
The adult Session of Conferance on Saturday was Amazing.
We have a stk Center Choir. These are stk Member called and set apart to sing in this choir.
Bro Green conducts. (I love to watch him) I can't help but watch him He is so fun.
Well My ward was assigned the 3rd session of Sunday Conference.
(yes our stk is huge we have 3 sessions... Crazy)
The talks we absolutely Amazing... So uplifting and strengthing.
But the Best Part of all of Conference is the Choir.
They the best songs ever Like...
My heavenly Father Loves Me, Dear to the heart of the sheperd, The Lord is my Light, Spirit of God.
But the best one was an arragement of Master the Tempest is Raging.
OH my it is unlike anything I had heard.
I would totally Love to have a copy of that song for my Ipod I would listen to it ALL the time....
Well Just thought I would let you all know... Our Stake Is Amazing.
It is hard being in other stakes once you have been in North.

3 comments:

sara said...

I hear you and totally agree with you on the choir thing. They rock!

BJ & Tauna said...

okay. wow! 3 meetings i thought when we were their 2 . when is that stake ever going to split.
good luck with your job.
Tauna Faulkner

Heather Allison said...

true that.. it's hard being in other stakes......i got tons of experience in this unfortunately!!!