April 19, 2009

I forgot how much....

I LOVE TO READ!!!!
If you haven't heard from previous posts, I have been reading the Twilight Series. I started reading it about 3 weeks ago, while I took a co-worker to the ER, and I was there for 5 hrs, I am so glad I took it. I read and read, and finally got past the slow part, and then I couldn't put it down.
I read the whole book in a week, That weekend, conference weekend, I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up the 2nd, New Moon. Natalie told me to get more than one because when I read the 2nd I will want the 3rd. She was so right!
I Finished reading the 2nd in 3 or 4 days, Luckily enough I had ordered it from Amazon, with the 4th. So I didn't get it until that Thursday, and I started it and finished it by that Sunday.
Then I started the 4th one right away. I stayed up till 3 am last Sunday reading, I couldn't put it down. Then on Monday til 1 am. I was enjoying reading but, it was killing me at work not getting enough sleep. So I promised myself I wouldn't read till the wee hours of the morning, and I would get to bed by 11pm. Then I had it with me at work so I could read it on breaks.
And I finished it on Friday by 7:30pm.
SO it only took me roughly 3 weeks to finish 4 Books, and these are Huge books. I am so proud of myself.
These books really pulled me in more than I thought they would. I don't know what it is. But they way she wrote them it was as if I was there seeing it all play out in my head.
I am not addicted to Twilight at all, so don't go thinking that, But these books were really an out for me. Work has gotten crazier, and It gave me away to escape the real world, and go into the world Stephanie Meyer created.
I still have a month and half left of work, and I know especially with this last month and some I am really going to need a way to escape, so I don't know how I am going to do that, now that I am done with Twilight, I don't know what to do, Oh well. Maybe I will start reading the 3rd book again, It was my favorite. Hmmm oh well.

1 comment:

Nicnel said...

I totally know what you mean about those books - I got hooked easily! Another great series to try is the Fablehaven series. It's not quite as fast-paced, but they're a great series of books - super entertaining! Can't wait to see you in June!