January 25, 2009

Type of....

So I got done watching the Chronicles of Narnia 1 and 2 a couple of days ago. I kinda was in the mood for it last Sat. and then I got the 2nd for Christmas so I thought It was time to watch it.

I love the Chronicles, I love them because of the double meaning they have. I love that CS Lewis put a lot of "types of" in the books.
(I remember having this conversation with Shane, Jen and Tanya at the Christmas break, Since shane is reading the books)

I was watching the first one, you know Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. Well we all know (hopefully) that Aslan (sp?) is supposed to be Christ, and the witch is supposed to be Satan like.
Well there was at this one point when the witch came to make her claim on Edmon (sp?) because of how he basically went against his brother and sisters. She said basically he is her's because of what he did... so says the law!
Well when I heard that I sat up in my bed and said WHAT?
I don't remember that part, It made me think about all the scriptures in the BOM that state the same thing. especially 2nd Nephi.
Then when Aslan is going to the stone table to make payment for to the witch for Edmon
and Watching all that the other creatures were doing to Aslan before the witch killed him, Also reminded me of what happened to Christ before he was crucified.
If you haven't seen it or its been to long, You need to watch that whole section of the Movie, and see if you get the Aw-hah moment, like I did.
Well I love the 2nd one, Prince Caspian just as much if not more.
But I was having a harder time finding the "types of" in this movie,
But when i got half way through it and Aslan wasn't there to help, and all their attempts of winning the Battle failed, and Lucy said something that made me just go aw-hah!!
Sometimes when we think we know what we should do, and we don't talk to the Lord about it, or just do something when we are told to wait, things don't always work out the and things are just harder.
Most of the film is them trying to succeed, but when they went and got Aslan, the situation was fixed so fast, it just shows what can happen with the Lord there.
Ok so long post... Sorry but I just wanted to get my crazed out thought down on my blog all week, so hopefully you aren't annoyed or bored.

No comments: