October 19, 2008

My Salt Lake Weekend Part 1

This Last weekend I was able to make a trip to Salt Lake City, to see two awesome friends get sealed for all time and Eternity. It was so much fun. First I had to get up really early (4am) to get showered and ready. I then drove 2 hours to the Dallas Lovefield Airport, in which I got lost 2 times. I hate driving somewhere I have never been and then driving before daylight, everything doesn't look right. Well needless to say I missed my flight by 2 mins. Hmmm that was a first, I get up to the gate as I see a plane pull away from the gate, I asked the dude behind the desk, is that plane going to SLC and he said yes, Oh I am supposed to be on that flight. Well lets see what we can do. So I was told to go 6 gates down and talk to the people behind that desk and they would be able to help me. So I did. This lady who had an unsual name like Kiki or something, told me since My tickets were a web special I would have to pay $300 extra to get a seat. I was shocked. I thought, do I love Kate that much, I have already paid that much just to get there and back. But luckly enough she did some magic and she got me on a flight to Austin, then phoenix. Then standby to SLC. Oh Standby I don't like that. She said when I get to phoenix go to the gate and talk to those people and they would be able to help me futher. So there I sat at the Dallas Airport, thinking what luck I am having, and I maynot even make it for the dinner tonight, but hopefully the sealing. You know how crazy airports are right now, SO I thought well I should let Kate know the change in the time I was getting into SLC but it was still only 6:30 in SLC so I waited and thought about My morning, If I wouldn't have hit snooze so many times I would have been able to barely catch my plane. DANG YOU ALARM PEOPLE, I love my snooze button. I finally texted Kate at just before 8, 7 her time, and let her know about the craziness, so she said she would send a mass text out for people to pray I will get to SLC. I was grateful for that, I don't Know who if any did, but It worked I was able to get a seat without any problems and I made it to SLC, only 4 Hours behind schedule. But I was able to hang with Kate at her house, and get ready with her, til Tanya came and we went to Her Aunt and Uncle's house in Sandy. And the Reception was just 2 exits down on the 215. So it really wasn't bad. This resturant was so awesome. We met up with Amber and Nicole with Camille, Aubry and Parker with Jeremiah. So we all sat together, as RJ called us the 702 table. (I think I still count, my cell is still 702). But it was great.


Here are some Pics from that dinner




Tanya and Myself



The cute girls across from us



Our Yummy dinner, Porkchop and salmon




The next morning Kate said Tanya and Myself could come to her hair appt, since I didn't get a to big of a chance to sit and just chat with her. So we when we got there it was so much fun. we posed and took Pictures of her hair stages, I love Kate's hair, for some crazy reason it won't hold curl. SO her amazing Hair person did a great job of doing it so it won't fall out before pictures. Sad for tanya and I we got to breath in the hairspray. Yucky stuff


I told kate her profile was like something out of George washington times


This is when all the curling is done, Now it looks like Martha Washington,

Well I have more to post But My computer is being really dumb so I guess I will have to Provide a part two at another point.

1 comment:

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Sounded like a blast. I wish I could have made it. Am I considered apart of the 702 clan, or have I been outcasted? :(

I had that dream probably about 2 weeks ago. Were things going pretty ruff? Things are ruff here too. Still no one talks to me at church, including the Bishop and his counselors. North Star will always hold a special place in my heart!