So here I am sitting at work bored, So what is there to do but create a post.
I was thinking lately, with my Birthday coming up soon, I was trying to figure out What I was going to do to celebrate. Which if you know me is a big thing. Why?
Well for the past couple of years I never wanted to celebrate my birthday, My family Never actually made a big deal once you got to be an adultish age, Sad I know but it is what it is.
So i got used to it, but then on my mission, my Birthday was one of the worst days my mission. All our appts cancelled and then some of our most promising investigators dropped us, just wasn't good missionary day for me.
Well that was the state I was in for the 2 yrs post mission, I never told anyone about my birthday, and Not want to celebrate it.
Well that was until Last year when the greatest friends in the world actually put together a surprise Party at Apple Bee's.
I didn't expect it, I thought Sheree just wanted to take me to dinner, I didn't even know what she told me beside she asked what I was doing and she said lets go out. But she chose Applebee's and I actually made the comment I wasn't a huge fan, and she had this look, but i said its ok. Well she parked really far, but that didn't give it away, because I am used to parking being terrible at Apple Bees. and I went in and we went to the table, and lo and behold all my pals were there waiting for us. I was so shocked. No one has ever surprised me before, craziness.
Well here is a picture of the Hat Sheree made for me It actually fit my big head. I don't look cute, I just thought it would be Sheree and Myself. So thats my excuse. But I love the HAT!!
Then Later on we went and Had cake and Ice Cream at Jason's then house, well in my head i thought Hmmmm well I don't really like cake, but they went through the effort so I thought a small piece won't hurt.
When they brought out the cake, It was totally an Ice Cream Cake. MY FAVORITE. I love ice Cream so very Much. So they truly made it the Best Birthday I ever Had...... to date. (it kinda started something to where I had to get surprises over on them)
Anyways back to the reason Why I am posting this besides Boredom. I was trying to figure out what to do for my Birthday and when to do it. This weeked most people are out of town for the 4th and next weekend I am in Bakersfield, the next I am in Washington, and then the following I will be doing the 24th celebration. So hmmmmm I am at a lost well I will figure something out, unless someone wants to throw a surprise again?
1 comment:
I'm glad you've gotten over hating your birthday. I remember when you didn't want us to celebrate anything. Ice cream cake - yummy! You've got some great friends!
Post a Comment