So I went to see my cousin report on his mission from Frankfurt Germany this last Sunday.
I got my car all ready to go, oil change, air in tires, and I was given the ok. SO I left Sunday morning. They live in St George so it was easy to go Sunday morning they have late church. I still hate the drive till you hit the gorge. (sp?) But I was cruzing with my church music So i was content, The gorge came, it was a little un easy, I haven't drivin it for a couple years. ( I love being a passenger) and after my friend got in an accident It made me a little more uneasy, but I kept my speed and made it through.
I loved my time with the Fam. I haven't seen many of them in a couple years, I know you would think St George isn't that far, but life makes things busy and crazy. I was sticking around for Food after, and I got to chatting, and it was already 6:30. I thought well I might need to go, and then they were talking about statues at the St George visitor center and today was the last day, so I thought why not its only 1.5 hours home no biggy. I loved the statues they were awesome, I will have to get more information on them. So then I left 9:15.
It wasn't to dark and then all of a sudden darkness. ( I have a problems with seeing things at night with bright lights, Night blindness whatever, I am not unable to see just it makes reactions delayed.) Well lets just say everyone was going home at that time and there were 20 million Semis on the 15 at that time of night. I was so scared, and the only thing I kept thinking was "I should have left earlier". Oh and the thought, "I wish I had a driver for me". Oh and "when i get married I will let my husband do the driving, especially at night". But overall I just kept praying I would make it home.
And as you can tell I did because I am typing this. =).
But now I know I can't drive at night when i don't know the road well enough, and when I need to drive fast, Or maybe I just need to drive more often so I won't be so scared.
Side note I was so tense when i was driving I noticed my back was hurting and my hands were starting to hurt from gripping the wheel so hard.
1 comment:
Im glad you made it home safe girly!!! I make Lee do all the driving too.
Post a Comment