July 9, 2008

One Year Older and .......


**** Warning this is a super long post, but a good one***

So Yesterday was my birthday incase you didn’t catch the subtle post yesterday, Well I was told I needed to blog about what happened on my birthday, being yesterday.

So if you didn’t know I really am not one to celebrate my birthday, especially when you have to work a full day, and should go to institute. So that is all I had planned, oh and to go to golden spoon after institute.

But the day was full of unplanned surprises. My mom surprised me at work with lunch of a Quizno’s sub. It was good, and since I don’t like cake I got a cheesecake slice. So that was fun.

I got off work later than I wanted; Blast those customers that like to come right at 5:30 (closing time).
So I went home and chilled on my bed till institute, since I don’t sleep at night, it was my way of getting a nap. When my sis in law called to wish a happy birthday to me. But then I realized oh shoot I am late.

So I go to institute, so good, it was about book of Helaman and Pride Cycle. So after I was talking to people, and I was telling certain people about Ice Cream at Gold Spoon, I was so excited. I was totally wanting to leave right after the prayer was said, but you know me I am miss talker, a social butterfly., I must say hello to all my peeps. Then I get pulled into the refreshment room ( by michelle), I didn’t want corn dogs, I don’t want them, I want my Ice Cream, but I thought I would mingle a bit more. But bout 10 to 9 I wanted to leave (9:50) So I was saying bye and Michelle and I were leaving, but I felt I should grab Steph G to tell her I was leaving, She offered to drive, I asked Michelle if she was fine with that, she said sure so we left.
But I stood in the parking lot waiting for Steph to come out. “Wow she is still in there, Ummm Where did she go, I bet Parker is holding her up, “ is what I was thinking. But since I was going to get Ice Cream I didn’t care. (seriously If you want to keep me happy give me an Ice cream cone, and then Tell me you hit my car, I won’t care as much).

So I call her and out she comes we get in her car, and we are off, about a block down the road she says can we stop to get Ashley, By now it is 9ish and I am worried about getting my Ice Cream but I am so loving I said Sure. “Don’t worry I will drive fast,” says cute little Stephanie. Well let me say she didn’t drive fast, I don’t even think she was driving the speed limit. I was totally thinking I didn’t think Stephanie was a really cautious driver and she totally took the most round about way to get there. At one point I thought if she doesn’t turn down McCarran I am going to ask her if she knows where she is going. Well she turned and continued there. (Side note so normally it shouldn’t take any longer than 5 min to get to Ashley’s, Steph’s driving took 10ish mins. Way to delay!!). So after again turning down the wrong street again, and going around the block, You would think she hasn’t ever been there before, we finally got to her gate. ( she did say she drives slower when she is talking, HMMM is that another Lie.

There was Jen West’s car is in front of us. “Look its Jen,” (volleyball decal gives it away every time) Steph told me she was here to get something from Beth and this is why we needed to get Ashley, because she had to bring Beth home to get that thing from Jenn, “Oh well ok” So I was just wondering what Jenn has that Beth would want, But its not my business. So we go in the Gate (Another side note I remembered Later Beth came late to Institute, So she Drove herself GOOD LIE.).

Then I was wondering why don’t we just honk, and Ashley can come down, no we proceeded to park in the crazy full parking lot. I saw Isaiah’s Yaris, and thought why is he here, oh well it might not be his. Then I looked up to Ashley’s door and saw a Mexican and his friend and thought oh they better not be there when we walk up, Scary. ( it was totally Shane and Parker). So we parked, next to a Honda Accord, Parkers car, that is exactly what I thought for reals, but just pushed it out of my mind. It’s not like his is the only one in Vegas. But it was his license’s plate. (Oh and I saw Jenn park a bit further back, I thought we should wait, Nope I will catch her on the way back down)

So then we walk up 3 stories and get to Ashley’s we knock, she is there to let us in, but I was thinking ok lets go, and Steph and Michelle walk in, I am thinking, Tanya’s going to hurt me because we are going to be late. So in I go with out a complaint. And I see the sign on the wall, Hmmm cool stuff she made me a sign after institute that’s sweet. By the way it was dark, and I saw Colby Goddard in the Kitchen with what seemed to be a whole slew of people, I was thinking Ummm what is going on, then before I could even think it the lights came on and it was “SURPRISE”, Wow so you know I am jumpy, well I jumped and my heart was beating fast. There were all the ward members, from institute, it was so much fun.

I was actually thinking how I am going to do a party this year. Well Sheree is busy and Tanya has other things on her mind, then I am going out of town every weekend till august oh well I would just settle for going out for Ice cream with friends.

So I was so excited and happy to know Steph G, with the help of Ashley would throw me a surprise Party. They didn’t even get a cake, I don’t like them, But I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!

Thanks Again, for all the lying. I will post Pictures later on but I thought you all might enjoy the story. Sorry it was long.

These are only some of the people there Others had left and some came later,

Yeah for Birthdays!!!

3 comments:

Cardalls said...

Happy Bday! You deserve a good party!

DANIELLE said...

oh man...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sounds like a fun little shindig! You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday girl! We miss you all like crazy!
Love Sarah