Ok so maybe not Ever but I had a huge blast last night, when a bunch of us from North Star went to Support our fellow ward members in the Musical "Honk"
It was so cute, very kid Friendly. The acting was quite good.....
( I always have mixed feelings when seeing a seastrand play, you would understand if you went to ones years ago). oh and it has sarcastic lines, so Adults will be laughing to
I was in stitches from the beginning. It wasn't just seeing my friends, but the songs, were cute and It was actually funny.
But I really love the idea they have people dressed to resemble the animals on a farm, Now they aren't in a duck costume, but normal clothes assembled to when you look at them you would say, oh that's a duck, or that's a chicken. It just made sense. It was choreographed very well, and the Singing WOW was great.
Ok so I realize if you put it up next to a professional Broadway version it may not be as spectacular but for Community Theater I would put it up there.
So I took liberty to steal some pictures from Ryan Gourely that Steph put up on Facebook, but I want you to get an idea how awesome it was.
Oh and if you were thinking about going or not Let Me say You should go It will be great and support a good cause, Its at the summerlin Library till sat night.

This is Momma duck (Ida I think) (Nicole) and Ugly.
They did such an awesome Job. Especially Ugly, He is so animated in his face.
This Was one of my favorite scene. They are British geese, Their commander was so funny
(think Mary Poppins, old British officers who chime the hours with a cannon)
Kate isn't in this shot but she plays a British goose (i think his wife) but translates his commands since who would understand a stuffy British commander.
Jason Miller plays Barnacles (so Funny) and Steph Gourley was the cutest Goose ever!
This is where he disguises himself to get the other animals to give him Ugly.
He is such a good Cat, Bad cat but great job slinking around.
This is a Bull frog (played by Patriarch Gaugh, our stk Patriarch) He was so good, and then everyone came on stage dressed as tie dyed frogs, so awesome. Singing "someone will love you warts and all".
In comes Penny, A Swan, that Ugly helps and He gets all twitterpated. It was way cute.
Finally Ugly turns into a swan
(and don't act like I gave it away, its the story of the Ugly Duckling).
But that is all you will get from me Go and see it to know what exactly happens
I loved it. SO will you!


2 comments:
It was pretty awesome! My kids loved it!
Yea, I'm free Wednesday night. Where is she going? Jenn West mentioned she wanted to hang as well, so if you want to give her a call too.
Post a Comment