Ok so if you didn't know it was 19 mo ago I was called to be activities chair for the North Star Singles ward. Normally this would be just another calling, but the way they set it up in the North Star ward is the activites Chair also oversees all the other chairs of, FHE, Ward Prayer, Food and fellowship and Special events. Oh and add to the fact i was asked to be incharge of special events. So somehow I was dubbed the "Activities Queen" I wasn't to fond of it but I learned to love it.
What a huge responsiblity i took on. I wasn't really into the activities, I wasn't very patient, oh and I am not a deligater (meaning I don't share).
But i did it, I survived, and from what Bishopric said, " I made the ward be better than it would have been from my activities." in reality I didn't think that great but I did fullfil my calling. The greatest thing I learned was to fellowship others, to be patient with others, and to deligate.
Everyone always said "you will never get released" well GREAT NEWS!!!! I did get released 2 weeks ago, and it has been perfect. I am having so much fun not having to plan anything. And the best part is I don't have 5-7 meetings a month. Yippee Skippee!!
Well this is a super long post. But i will go to bed I gotta be awake and it is only Wed. I am wishing it was later in the week.
4 comments:
im sure you were an awesome activities leader! :) iuse to love going to all the single adult activities
You were a great activities leader Stephanie! I always loved going to your activities. I miss the ward so much, I wish we could keep coming, home wards just aren't the same. :( I miss you too Stephanie! Lets go on an ice cream date. I'll pay with my free coupons! :) Let me know when you want your pictures taken! :)
You did great as the activities queen! Way to go!! WE have a blog too but it is private to protect the innocent little ones in our house. Send me an email if you want an invite. I think you have my email!
It's an end to an era Miss Steph, with you not in charge. What a shame! But man, I would be in heaven right now if I were you, going and enjoying, and not having to plan.
Post a Comment