July 10, 2010

TWO-EIGHT on seven-eight

On July 8 I turned another year older...
sigh

I have never been a fan of birthday....
Ok so maybe I have been early in my life.
Having a summer birthday meant party, swimming, and homemade ice cream, or store bought,
Either way ICE CREAM was on the menu. Also was strawberry shortcake. My Fav
I hate cake, never liked it, still don't, I am a little weak and will sometimes eat it, but then ask
WHY did I eat that I hate this.

Well Back to the I hate Birthdays as I got older I realized Birthdays are just another day, nothing special, the world doesn/t stop and take notice. You don't look any older, feel any differnt.
All a Birthday is is just that, the day of your birth, another moment to take notice of you have made it through another year.
your body/mind has a year more of wear and tear, and sad to say,
One more year closer to your death....

Well its all true, I have been told I am a pestimitic person,
(or however you spell it)

Well I am usually looking into the greener side of life,
But can anyone show me/tell me the greener side of having your birthday.

When I was on my mission, my one birthday I celebrated was aweful. I really didn't have anything good happen.
all our inverstigators dropped us. All our appts weren't in.
and I didn't have a good dinner.
I know you might say it was my attitude,
But in all honesty my attitude was there, I thought
Oh Birthdays on Mission I think it will be great, look at what we have scheduled.
This will be AMAZING.

Well what a big let down I had, And then My wonderful Comp tried to bring up my spirits by playing on
so playground equiptment.
LOVED IT!!!

Well From that day one, the rosed colored glasses of Birthdays were off and My original
thoughts on Birthdays were back in.

SO Yeah, Birthdays not good.

This year nothing spectacular.
and I didn't have a great day, But
I did eat Ice Cream. And that is what it is all about.
(not the hokey pokey)
(Honestly)


No comments: