June 6, 2010

The Big Sky

Sorry for the lack of posting the last week of work was INSANE... to say the least. I took tons of pics, and was very sad to leave, so i will be creating a post just for that, And my 9 month time spent at amazing High trails, But since I can't find my camera, and I don't have internet access at the place I am at, It will have to work that I will do it at a later time.

But what I can do is share my first weeks experience. My travels up here will also have to wait, since I again don't have camera and documented the whole drive, via stephanie pics, or at least what I found to be cool and fun while I was driving.

So I made it to Montana on Monday early evening. I then drove through Missoula. First Impressions It is a super cute town/city. But I had to get to 8 mi outside of it to Lolo, Yes that is a town. it is super small, but the people I stay with live there So now do I.

I live in a basement room, in this wonderful family's home. They offered thier guest bedroom to me, it was kinda awesome the way it came to be, But I have the bathroom bedroom thing down. I was truly blessed to be given this living arrangement.

Work has been AWESOME. The people I work with are so friendly and open to helping me out or my stupid clutziness. They don't really go over what we teach, which is totally new to me, since all my other jobs, spend all training going over this is what you teach, where to teach it sort of thing. Here its these are the places you can go to. here are some filler activities. and se what works for you. and then they give us this binder that explains the classes we are supposed to teach. I don't know which one I like better, but I need to get cracking on my lesson for the first week of camp. I am getting excited to see how it goes. My first week long camp is about fishing... yeah fishing. I don't fish, I don't like to fish, I don't like to touch fish. SO I thought maybe this should be something I should bring up to them. SO lucky for me my co teacher who is there to help more than run the teaching LOVES to fish, SO I told her I can teach about the science and Bio but You have to teach fishing. and touch the fish. She was more than happy to help. Great right?

Missoula is such a fun place, there are BIRDS everywhere... seriously, and it is so green. Like really green, and just cute. I think it is going to be a great summer fit for me. Oh and they say it gets pretty hot here in the summer. SO I asked how hot is hot... oh like 90 degrees. WHAT????? 90 degrees is HOT for missoula. I then said oh well you must have humity then too. OH not Humitity there is 0 % so it is just a straight 90 degrees. How awesome is that. i just have to deal with that, no posioness snakes, just the typical grass things. and some misquitos. I think I have found me new Summer playground. anyone else what to come and join me?

I went to farmer's Market yesterday TOTALLY AWESOME. so much veggies. and Meat, cheeses. Flowers, Herbs, and handcrafted stuff. It was fun to just walk around, it happens every saturday in summer and in two places. SO I found my new Saturday hobby. Not everytime, but it will work.

Oh Missoula does not have the same stores I am usually shop or gas. What Am I supposed to do when I can't use Chevron, Shell, or texico gas for my car. They have 2 kind, Exxon and the green dinasour and this other one, that starts with a C. I don't know what to put in my car since I don't want my engine to be all crazy, which I think It is doing right now. It seems to be acting funny. and I don't know where to take it.hmmm what to do?

Oh and today I went to church, it is a super small ward, kinda like mine in texas. Pretty fun though. I met some people. and they think its cool what I do. SO yeah.

I think this will be a great place for me. I still don't know what the Fall has in store for me because I haven't found any Jobs yet. I still can always go back to Cali but I don't think that is somewhere I should be. So If you know of any jobs teaching or science based pass me a note.

Love ya all, who ever you all are.

No comments: