February 28, 2010

Longest week ever... For reals

I promise you this week was insane and long... I again signed up to work a time and half shift. Meaning I work in cabins all week, and then share a field group with another instructor.

It wasn't to bad work wise, but it just seemed to Never-ever end. I had a couple of crazy things happen, but nothing major. It had snowed all sunday night, creating a nice thick blanket of snow on all our paths that we had just created. Lovely right. So monday consisted of shoveling, oh how I hate to shovel snow. i rather dig a hole.

Well my monday was poo totally, I got my cabin group went to the cabin and it was locked. so then i thought of other things to do to pass the time with things we had to do, since I couldn't get in the cabin. This caused me to run late the whole day... I hate running late.

Then it was just little things, like covering three tables at breakfast because there weren't enough instructors. Then I had a girl in my cabin with crazy homesickness that she would cry everyday after dinner. It bothered me so much, I understand being homesick, but she was crazy crying. Everyday, I would talk her down, but by Wed I had enough, I became very short with her crying... I know she is only 12, but she seemed like she was 7.

Then when I was looking at the evaluations from the kids and teachers, All my kids loved me thought I was fun loving and cared for them. Made learning fun type of deal. Well I kinda had a feeling the teachers weren't to found of me unlike the last couple of weeks when they were fond of me and didn't mind my sturness with the kids. Well these teachers wrote I taught the kids wrong information, and my sense of humor was wrong for the kids.... WHAT THE.... My humor and I wasn't knowledgeable... That is just pure crap. it pissed me off not that they wrote that about me, but that they thought, having not talked with the kids, since they loved me. I only saw them for like 5 min with my field group, and then at meals. So why did they say such crap. UGH....
Well hopefully this week won't go so slow I am only on field so I just have to teach, and it doesn't seem to be sunny more.

Here is a pic from the monster icesicles from the epic snow earlier this year.

No comments: