February 2, 2009

Always A Missionary?????

OK so as a RM I know that as members we need to be ones looking for the Missionary Opportunities, especially with our friends and Co-workers.... But I also think there are cases where you shouldn't.

When I was on my Mission I knew when people wanted to truly talk religion and beliefs and when they were looking for a fight, or better to make fun.

Where I work they really don't know anything about the Mormons, except the normal... We don't drink, Smoke, and something about polygamy.

I will correct them on the things they say which are wrong. But I know they don't care, They are always making fun of things.... not hurtful, but You know when your a kid and they make fun of you being short or my red hair. Here they like to mock me because of my religion. So I deal.

So am I a horrible member for not being the missionary? I am always trying to make sure I correct what they say and Let them know we are crazy wierdos. But today At lunch they got into a conversation about religion, and then things about Polygamy came in I of course told them No we aren't.... and then how we are exactly like the JW. I held my tongue what I really wanted to say. and just said NO we aren't. I told the differnce. So anyways

Let me know what you think....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't say anything except that "Ignorance is Bliss" and you don't want to take away thier "BLISS" by telling them the real truth. Maybe then they may want to open thier minds and listen to the truth.

sara said...

I've had to bite my tounge a number of times rather than get worked up defending my beliefs. We don't have to always walk around proclaiming the Gospel. Keep in mind that an example can be more powerful than words and we need to remember not to cast our pearls before swine.

sara said...

I meant to say "tongue".

That's not the first time I've wanted a spell checker in this comment box!

tiffany said...

i know we dont know each other i do know your sister we were visiting teaching compainions in the north star ward right before she joined the army. i rember you being in that ward before you went on your mission but we didnt know each other i found your blog off of jason millers blog and just clicked i agree with sara sometimes being an eample is the best way to be a missionary

Tanya50 said...

You've gotta remember that at work you've gotta be careful. I agree with Sarah about setting an example. Look for small opportunites like you've been doing to bear your testimony and set things straight with them. Who knows maybe later in life they'll remember your example and let the missionaries in.