I know, I know. It has been WAY to long since I have posted.... I lost Interest, Motivation. I was being lazy, unfocused and distracted.
I promised people especially when I came to Alaska I would make sure to Blog. Again the same reasons as before were still here, and have not gone. So I am sitting here at the library waiting to meet up with some friends. and I have had this post with Pictures waitin to tell about my Alaska adventures, and it has been waiting for like a month.
So I am finishing It up and I hope to make this a regular thing. I haven't gone "OUT" and expereinced much. This is mainly out on field trips with the kids. My co Pilot was taking the pictures, I weeded through and found the ones I liked and Thought I would show them to you... A lot of the scenery has changed since my first week here.
Flowers and trees have blossemed. the Sun is sunny, even through the clouds. It is turning out the be a awesome place for the summer.
So Here is my first shots of ALASKA,
Around Anchorage...
These are all of he turnagain arm (look it up)
Ice Bergs at Portage Glaicers Visitor center.
I have now seen BLUE ICE... Bucket list checked
Check out me and Smoky....
He is "smokin'... sorry couldn't resist
Byron Glaicer
Portage Lake... Iceburgs. Check out the Polar Bear Looking one
Eklutna Lake, (sp?)
my first weekend was a staff camp out here... Awesome
It was SOOO blue
A tuft of Moss.... it was so squishy and springy.
I thought I was COOL!
I think I got 3 hrs of sleep the whole night... not cuz it was so sunny, I have gotten over the sun
No, I was COLD, and I Hate camping on the ground. I am a cot sleeper. So having not camped in years I did not enjoy this aspect of it. I was BEAT, literaly there was a root at my feet, one in my back, and I was on the slope. Oh and I didn't have a warm enough Bag. SO I was COLD!!!
Turnagain Arm
Portage Glaicer Lake... It is beautiful... check out the glaicer in the background
Knik Arm... I think
I can not get enough of the blue Iceburgs. LOVE
First Alive Moose ever... He was making a snack out the garden in front of the center.
It was fun. He Stuck around for 15 mins or so. The kids who are locals, and see a lot of these, were more amazed than I was. I got over him after a while and continued eating. The kids We had to tell to go back to their lunches.
They are SOOO Tall
Wierd Looking Face, especially upper lip

No comments:
Post a Comment