January 12, 2009

Conquering Fears

So This past week I have conquered alot of my fears.
Well one of my fears has always been HEIGHTS,
well a year and some ago my friends I thought helped me overcome that fear while riding California Screamin at Disneyland, Little did I know that was just the Fear of Rollarcoasters.
See this last week at work we didn't have a school so it was kinda a relaxes low key week, and We had an opportunity to do a climbing wall, It is this 60 ft wall that has holds to climb and then on the otherside you rebell down it. It has amazing veiws of camp and the lake.
Well I thought I can do it, but then I saw it 60 feet is super high, but I saw everyone doing it and thought well It isn't too bad, I hope.
Well I knew I had to rebel, since I went as a youth thee times and Three times I chickened out.
SO it was a must. I had to conquer this fear of heights, or at least not give in to it.
I of course went last.... hmmm gave myself enough time to get the nerve.
Well I did it, and I wasn't the longest one I was the fastest either. But I didn't fall back that I was proud of. But funny thing as I was climbing I was having a hard time breathing, You know nerves stuff, but after the slanted portion, it was time just to go straight up I actually said I was done and didn't want to go any further. I am glad everyone said stop and just climb.
But crazy thing, I lost the feeling in my pinky and ring fingers, on both hands, so I couldn't grip. they thought I was making it up, but I really couldn't I was so frustrated. I wanted to grip but couldn't, so I used the side. not supposed to but I did and would do it again, thier grips suck!!!!!
(I did get a huge sliver in my thumb for it, Oh Well)
Well I did it and slowly rebelled down and just layed looking up. so When you look at the collage you can hopefully check all the shots out and see how scary it was, but if you are a brave soul I can now say I have done both, so I can be brave too.
Another fear was conquered today, I have always been afraid of Chainsaws,
I just think those things are so dangerous, especially when you are a clutz like me...
Well we have been using those things for a lot of things and I always pass it of to someone else, well today a friend had been hacking at junipers for at least 30 min and she gave it to me knowing I know how to use one and said her hands hurt from the vibrations, and asked me to take over,
SO I decided I can do it... so I did, for well over and hour I hacked this big juniper in managable size.
Sorry no Pictures, I Forgot, but dang I go DIRTY!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BJ & Tauna said...

that is pretty neat. i am proud of you. fears are hard sometimes to over come. good job. i will be going private in a few weeks. e-mail me at
taunamaree@yahoo.com
so i can invite you
Tauna Faulkner